- Lightroom 5 introduction
- Installing presets
- Resources about lightroom 5
Lightroom 5 is a powerful image post processing software that is widely used by professional photographers. But, due to its ease of use, most hobbyists also prefer using it rather than Adobe Photoshop. Lightroom 5 as stated, is a very powerful software that can do non-destructive edits and has the capability to properly archive all the photos stored in your computer. The upgraded healing brush allows you to better remove imperfections in your photos. With the all new Upright tool, you can also fix photos that don’t have the right perspective. Another cool thing with Lightroom 5 is that it is integrated with Photoshop CC. You can do edits while seeing the results simultaneously with Lightroom 5.
Indeed, Lightroom 5 has really upped its game but one thing stays the same. The ever reliable import/export presets function is still present. For those who are not familiar with presets, they are presaved settings that when applied to a photo replicates a certain effect/filter to the photo. Here’s how to add presets to Lightroom 5.
- Download the preset you want from a reliable website. Make sure you take note where you saved the downloaded file.
- After downloading, extract the file. Then, open Lightroom 5.
- Once Lightroom 5 finishes loading, go to Edit then hit Preferences.
- A pop-up window will appear. Click the tab that says Presets and hit the button that says Show Lightroom Presets Folder.
- Locate the Develop Presets folder in the new window. Then, copy the extracted file of the downloaded preset into the Develop Presets folder.
- Once it is copied, you can now close Lightroom 5 and reopen it. You can now access the preset in the Develop Module of the Lightroom window.
That is how to add presets in Lightroom 5. If you are looking for a trusted website that provides great presets, look no further. Visit Sleeklens.com and check out their professionally made presets. They are guaranteed to be of high quality. Trust me, I use these presets all the time!